Friday, April 13, 2012

SAA Ep. #68: Many Mes

I've heard it said that everyone has a twin.  Me?  Apparently, I have a lot of them.  I've had strangers come up to me just to tell me that I look like their neighbor's sister's cousin.  I guess I just have "one of those faces."

But I've also been told that I look like certain celebrities.  Maybe those celebrities just have "one of those faces," too.  I don't know.  But the problem with looking like so many different people is that it kind of makes me have a little bit of an identity crisis.  I mean, there's me...but then there's this other person who kind of looks like me.  It's like there are different versions of me walking around.



See, there's me...


The original.  Accept no substitutes.


And then there's the child actress from a beloved 80's science fiction movie, turned drug addict, turned beloved grown-up actress/director, turned Cover Girl model version of me...






Lots of people have told me that I look like Drew Barrymore,
although I haven't gotten it as much in the past few years. 
Personally, I don't see the resemblance, but I'll take it as a compliment.


...and there's the snarky Star Trek Captain version of me...






My real-life mom was the first one to notice my resemblance to
Captain Kathryn Janeway of the Federation Starship Voyager,
which I find ironic, since Janeway could TOTALLY be my Space Mom. 
This, of course, begs the question: Who is my Space Stepdad?


...and then there's the gorgeous red-haired version of me (don't I wish)...



Ok, I have to be honest. 
Only one person has told me I look like Julianne Moore, but it counts! 
I don't really look like her (even when I had red hair),
but a girl can dream.



 ...and then there's the animated rodent version of me...




The resemblance is uncanny.




...and then there's the Middle Earth version of me...






Somehow...Medieval princess hair just isn't as affective when one is wearing a t-shirt....




...and then there's the Hogwarts version of me...






Ok, so no one has ever told me I look like Emma Watson--because I don't.  At all.
But I was Hermione for Halloween one year.



...and the OTHER Hogwarts version of me...







I actually have been told that I look like her.  I'll take it.  I think she's adorable.




...but let's face it...this is the REAL Hogwarts version of me...






...I think I definitely have The Grim....



...and I don't even know what to call this version of me...






It's okay.  We're both pretty fabulous.




...and then there's this...






...after a Dragon and his girl are together for a while, they start to look alike...




...and, of course, Socially Awkward Girl even has a look alike when she's in disguise...












How many versions of you are there??

No comments:

Post a Comment