Wednesday, September 15, 2010

SAA Ep. 5: Adventures in Pizza Delivery!!!



Between college and seminary, I had a short gig as a pizza delivery girl. As if that's not embarassing enough, I was a pizza delivery girl who wasn't very good at her job.

On one instance I went to the wrong house. No big deal (because honestly, that happened to me a LOT). Except for it just so happened to be New Year's Eve, and I am pretty sure I interrupted a married couple in the middle of their...shall we say..."celebrations." Yeah...

On another instance, I delivered pizzas to a college dorm. Now, I used to go to this particular college, but it was years prior to my pizza delivery experience (I went to two undergrad schools--the college in question was a school I hadn't been to in about six years). This college was a Christian school with fairly strict rules about keeping girls out of boys dorms and vice versa. But I knew from my previous experience that the dorm I was delivering the pizzas to was, in fact, a girls' dorm. So I walked into the dorm and proceeded to deliver the pizza to the correct dorm room. I was not quite at my destination before two things happened. One, a nice security man came chasing me down the hallway. Two, I turned around and saw a guy walking down the hallway in a towel. I was able put two and two together fairly quickly, and I realized that this dorm had, in fact, at some point in the past six years been changed into a guys' dorm. I wasn't supposed to be there. The security guy wasn't angry--but he made fun of me a lot.

On a lighter note, the guy in the towel looked *slightly* more embarassed than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment