Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Sayin' Ep. 2: You Look Tired

People tell me that I look tired a lot.

I could actually be tired, or I could be wide awake and jumping through the peonies--not that I do that often. It doesn't seem to matter. I just have random people tell me "You look tired" all the time, no matter how I'm feeling. Yeah. Apparently, that's just how I look.

In case you didn't know, it's not a nice thing to tell someone, even if it's true. Your commenting on someone's look of tiredness isn't going to miraculously make them not look tired. You should keep that kind of comment to yourself. Basic manners, 101. I'm socially awkward, and even I know that.

Just sayin'

3 comments:

  1. Hehe. I hear it all the time, too. I don't know why people feel compelled to say it. It's sort of like when strangers try to touch a pregnant woman's belly. They can't help themselves.

    Also, my husband works with your sister. She gave him your blog to pass on to me. So hello! Love the concept behind this. Very funny--and relatable. I'm quite awkward on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I didn't even know my sister knew I had a blog. Thanks for the kind words and for "following" me. The interwebz are an amazing source of fellow writers...and fellow awkward people.

    Please tell your husband to tell my sister that I said "Hi." She almost never answers her phone, so that might be our first communication in over a month. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, one time I even got "Wow, are you tired? You have huge bags under your eyes."

    ReplyDelete