Sunday, February 26, 2012

Awkward Contest!

I've decided to be like all the cool blogs and offer a contest.  Well, "contest" probably isn't the right word, but it sounds cool.  In a contest, someone is competing against someone else or something else.  So, I guess I could say that my readers are competing against time or against themselves or something...but really, it's not too much of a contest.  I'm just calling it that because it makes me feel cool.

Yeah, it's really more of a challenge.  Challenge doesn't sound nearly as cool as a contest.  Let's keep calling it a contest.

It's not March yet, but I'm going to declare a challenge contest for the month of March.  See, in February, Adventures in Social Awkwardness has had more reads than ever before.  I'd like to thank my readers for all their...well...reading...but I figured I'd make it into a challenge contest!

My other, more serious, but not completely serious blog, Poor Reflections, has also had a really good month, reader-wise.  So here's the thing.  If either Poor Reflections or Adventures in Social Awkwardness reaches 700 reads for the month of March (challenge contest begins March 1 and ends March 31), I'll personally compose and perform (and post a video of it, obviously) of a song in which I express gratitude to all of my readers.

Okay, that sounds kind of lame.  Hmm.

I'm going to level with you.  I'm pretty much broke and don't have anything cool to give away.  I do have a quirky talent for coming up with strange clever lyrics, and I pretend to play the guitar well enough to confuse people who don't know anything about how to play the guitar....

...so my gift is my song and this one's for you...

...if you win the contest. 

I mean challenge. 

I mean contest.

SHUT UP I'M AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment