Saturday, August 28, 2010

Embarablast From the Past #1: I Fell For Him...Literally

So when I was 18 years old, I had this MAJOR crush on this guy. I went to a Christian college where we had assemblies twice a week called "Convocations." One day, this famous professional athelete of some sort came to speak, and so the entire gymnasium was PACKED. There was no room left on the bleachers, so I had to sit on the floor.

I didn't mind so much, because the man of my 18-yr-old dreams was sitting on the floor nearby. Well, the speaker started speaking, so I tried to listen. He spoke for a very long time. I was only somewhat aware of the fact that both of my legs were falling asleep.

When the man finally got done speaking, he wanted us to all stand up and pray with him. So everyone stood up. I stood up. Only my legs were both COMPLETELY numb, so they wouldn't support me. I started flailing LOUDLY while everyone else in the gym was growing quiet and serious for prayer time. I somehow managed to spastically lower myself to the floor, but it was already too late.

In slow motion, I could see every eye of every person in the entire gymnasium--practically the entire school--turning their eyes towards me. The man of my 18-yr-old dreams looked at me like I was the craziest person he had ever seen in his life.

I tried to play it off like I was just full of the Spirit, but I don't think anyone really believed me.

The end.

2 comments:

  1. When I was 18 I thought my (now) husband was a nerd. I was right, but I just didn't realize that I was a nerd, too.

    The person you had a crush on at 18 is typically not the magnum opus of your romantic life.

    Thank God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, definitely not.

    I think the guy I had a crush on is gay now.

    ReplyDelete