Sunday, August 15, 2010

Socially Awkward Adventure #2: Questing Burns Calories

The Princess (one of the girls I take care of) is turning six. When I asked The Princess what The Princess wanted for her birthday, The Princess requested a "Webkinz that looks like a horse."

Today, I embarked on a quest for a "Webkinz that looks like a horse."

The mall was my first stop. The mall is a great source of socially awkard adventure opportunities. I remember one happy occurrance a year or two ago when one of the kiosk dudes (who seemed quite adamant that I couldn't live another day without a hair straightener) FOLLOWED ME through the mall. Social Awkwardness ensued! So I knew that going to the mall today was going to be an exciting experience, no matter what.

I went to the mall because I knew of a toy store at the mall that might have a Webkinz--perhaps even a "Webkinz that looks like a horse." I went after church. The mall stores don't open until 12, and it wasn't 12 yet. So I wandered aimlessly through the mall. It was then I discovered that my destination, said toy store, no longer existed. One of those weird athletic logo stores had taken its place. Needless to say, this store did not have any "Webkinz that look like a horse" or any other type of Webkinz.

After doing some more aimless wandering through a few mall stores (I think Mall Security thought I was up to something), I realized that none of the stores had any "Webkinz that look like a horse." It is strange that whenever I'm NOT looking for Webkinz, they seem to be everywhere; when I AM looking for Webkinz, they are elusive. I think Webkinz must be magical and evil and tricksy.

So I abandoned my search in the mall and drove around to about three or four other potential locations. One had Webkinz, but none that looked like horses. Another was closed. Another was supposed to be open, but they were closed just especially for today so they could do inventory. QUESTING THWARTED! DENIED! REJECTED!

Sooooo....I came home without fulfilling my quest, but I feel as though I burned plenty of calories in my endeavors. I'm sure that counts for something. I'll try questing again later. I will try to capture the evasive "Webkinz that looks like a horse," but I fear my ventures will prove useless. The Princess might not get a "Webkinz that looks like a horse."

I'm sure it will scar her for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment